The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
Maya Abdominal Massage is a non-invasive, external, massage technique. It guides internal abdominal organs into their proper position for optimum health and well being. The technique works by relieving congestion and blockages to improve the flow of chi and fluids of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology.
Maya massage improves organ function by releasing physical and emotional congestion from the abdomen. This external massage gently lifts and guides the uterus into its optimal position in the lower pelvis. The uterus is held in position by over 10 ligaments. Ligaments, when stressed or strained cause the uterus to become mal-positioned. If the uterus is mal-positioned, women experience a multitude of symptoms.
What Happens During a Session?
During a session Suzi applies the techniques to the abdomen, hips, spine and other areas specifically related to your pain and discomfort. The techniques are applied to client over clothing or sheet to the abdominal area as well as to the entire spine, hips and sacral areas.
What could cause a displaced uterus?
• Injury to the sacrum or tailbone from a fall, car accidents, etc
• Pelvic ligaments that have weakened due to overstretching during pregnancy and birth
• High Impact exercise, running on cement surfaces, high impact aerobics, etc
• Lifting & carrying heavy objects before or during menstruation and too soon after childbirth
• Time and gravity
• Past surgeries
• Weak pelvic floor muscles
• Chronic muscle spasm around the low back and sacrum
• Emotional armoring from abuse at anytime in life
What are the symptoms of a displaced uterus?
• Painful or irregular periods; painful or irregular ovulation
• Dark or brown blood at the onset and at the end of menstruation
• Headache or migraine with period
• Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
• Low backache; back pain with period
• More serious imbalances including: Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids and Uterine Polyps
• PMS/ depression
• Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence
• Recurrent vaginal infections
• Chronic miscarriages
• Difficulty getting pregnant/Infertility
• Painful intercourse
• Chronic constipation
• Difficult menopause
*Text adopted from Dr. Rosita Arvigo,
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage are offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness, and are not meant as an entire approach to health care. If you have any serious medical conditions, please consult your health care provider first.
Supporting You at Any Stage of Treatment Including:
Pre/Post Embryo Transfer
Decreased Ovarian Reserve/High FSH
Uterine or Bladder Prolapse
Preparation for Implantation or Transfer
Concurrent Clomid/Letrizole Treatment
Hypothyroid and Hormonal Issues
Irregular Menstrual Cycles
Adhesions in the Pelvic and Abdominal Area
Uterine Recovery From Multiple IUI or IVF Treatments
Holistic Fertility Massage with Suzi is for you if you would like to:
Increase circulation to the uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes.
Break up adhesions and scar tissue in the fallopian tubes and reproductive system.
Bring fresh, oxygenated blood to the eggs, helping to nourish and increase egg health.
Help the body to rid itself of old stagnant blood and tissues remaining from endometriosis and sluggish menstruation.
Promote hormonal balance by strengthening the feedback loop between the pituitary, hypothalamus, and ovaries ovaries which controls the levels of hormones produced.
Help to clear congestion which may show up as cramping during menstruation, ovarian pains, cysts, endometriosis, and unexplained infertility.
Help restore natural balance to your body.
Feel more connected emotionally and spiritually.
Include natural and holistic support on your fertility journey.
Decrease the stress hormones that dominate and allow the wisdom of the body to create a safe place for creating a baby.